It's amazing what you'll hear if you choose to pay attention!
Here are some things I've overheard recently at Chick-fil-a:
- Your hand is really little!
- She looks pretty good for 96.
- There's a police officer outside, on his way in. I'd like to pay for his food.
- Honey, I can't come get you. You are going to have to stick it out at school. It's only three more hours, and you have a doctor's appointment at 4:30. (on the phone)
- She knows where she's going!
This is what you'd overhear if you went to CFA with my 3 year old:
- Hi, there!
- I like green apples. I LIIIIKE them (rubs belly).
- This my new koala bear book? I love it!
- Mommy, I need help!
- That too slippy, mama.
- I bring you green money*, mama (holds out left hand full of imaginary dollars).....and beaucoup** (holds out right hand).
- Bye, darlin'!
* She learned about "green money" after we took her to the grocery store and cashed in the change from her piggy bank. Then, she got to go to Target and buy a toy with her green money. She had $9, and she got an Anna (Frozen) doll.
**My husband is teaching her French.
What's the best thing you've ever overheard?