It's been said that a woman's brain is like a browser with 4,672 tabs open at all times, while men have the enviable ability to think about absolutely nothing at all. I know that I often have more mental tabs open than I can manage, so I had a good, hearty laugh when I saw this article: Husband Asks Wife To Draw What’s On Her Mind, Gets More Than He Expected. Here's what she drew.
This woman nailed it! Exactly. All the time. My brain never stops working. It's so exhausting!
My favorite part? My boobs won't stay in my bra (they betray me). I get it, lady, I really do.
I can't draw a mind map for you, but I can give you a peek at some of what's going on in my brain right now, in the form of questions that don't really require an answer:
- Why don't they make coffee scented candles? Do they? Where can I get one? Am I lazy for not just Googling this?
- Who are "they"? (see above question)
- Would Adele be my friend if we met?
- Why can't I find the perfect denim shirt? The Medium is too small but the Large is too big. Why is this so hard?
- When's the last time I backed up the pictures on my phone? Dadgummit, it's sure to crash now that I've written this and put it out into the universe.
- Will the water in Rio be cleaned up in time for the Summer Olympics? The Summer Olympics are totally my fave.
- What's for dinner tonight? Oh, wait, everyone is going to be asking ME that. I have no idea.
- Who's going to grade all these essays? Oh, no- me again.
- Why wasn't Steve Carell nominated for an Oscar for his performance in The Big Short? He was incredible.
And on and on and on.
If your brain has a "nothing box," go there now and be at peace for the both of us! I'm waving hello from the other side...