Hello! My name is Leah, and I'm the wordsmith behind Golden Folder Days.
When I was in high school, my friend Cheyenne and I had a two-pocket golden folder that was very important to us. I was a budding writer and she was an artist in the making, and we would use that folder to pass back and forth hilarious notes, angsty poems, wacky stories, and inspired sketches. (This was before texting.)
A few years (ok, decades) have passed, and though I don't miss high school AT ALL, I do miss the spirit of the golden folder days. I miss that part of me that was burning so brightly to create, communicate, and connect. (And I miss Cheyenne, too.) I formed this site as an outlet for expression and as a hub for the freelance writing work that I do.
The blog is about everything - life, faith, relationships, books, and whatever else pops into my head. The best way to get to know me is through the blog, but here are a few highlights:
- I am a wife and mother.
- Going to the movies alone is one of my favorite things to do.
- I live in sunny Florida, and I love it here.
- The people that have most shaped my worldview are Jesus, Henry Rollins, and CS Lewis.
- I don't drink coffee. I do procrastinate.
- Traveling to all the continents (except for Antarctica) is on my bucket list. This is my progress so far:
North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia
- I hope you'll come back and read more!